The Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA) announces that in response to the impacts of Hurricane Sandy, the following municipality is offering amenities to its residents:
- Potable water distribution (bring containers); Chariho Plaza, 1190 Main St., Wyoming; all day Thursday
- Potable water distribution (bring containers); Richmond Elementary School, 190 Kingstown Rd., Wyoming; (after 3:30 p.m.)
- Bottled water distribution (Richmond residents only); Richmond Town Hall, 5 Richmond Townhouse Rd; 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hot meals; Richmond Carolina Fire Station, 208 Richmond Townhouse Rd.; 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Thursday
- Showers; Chariho High School (right entrance), 455 Switch Rd., Richmond; 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Thursday
- Cell phone/laptop charging station; Town Community Center, 1169 Main St., Wyoming; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Thursday
- Brush disposal (Richmond residents only); Transfer Station, 51 Buttonwoods Rd., Richmond; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Friday - Sunday
The list of municipalities offering amenities will be updated at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Friday. Information on amenity centers is also available by calling 211.