Welcome to the RI Division of Taxation Combined Online Registration Service
This online registration process has been designed to register NEW BUSINESS ONLY!
To make changes or corrections to existing accounts, or previously submitted BAR forms please call 401-574-8700 (Option 1).
If you need to renew your Retail Sales Permit, do not use this form. You may renew online by using the Retail Sales Permit Renewal System.
This application may be used to register your business for the following:
Permit to make sales at retail
(If you do not have a RI location, print the form and mail it in with applicable fees)
- Income tax withholding account (including withholding for pensions or trusts)
- Rhode Island Unemployment insurance account (including Rhode Island temporary disability insurance (TDI) and Rhode Island job development fund tax)
Only the registration for the permit to make sales at retail (including litter fee, cigarette license, gasoline license) require registration fees. If you are registering for any of these items, you will be asked for your credit card information at the end of the registration process.
Click here to view and print a blank copy of this form in PDF format. We recommend you do this first to ensure that you have all the information needed to complete the online application! To view this document, download the free Adobe Reader.
Thank you for using the Rhode Island online registration service.
Contact Phone Numbers:
- RI Division of Taxation Registration Section 401-574-8829 - withholding and sales tax registration only questions.
- RI Employer Tax Section 401-574-8700 (Option 1) - unemployment and TDI.
- RI Division of Taxation - 401-574-8829 - sales tax questions (Do you need a permit to make sales at retail? Questions about what is taxable.)
RI Department of Labor and Training 401-462-8760.
Technical Problems with the online application 401-831-8099