This spring, thenetWORKri one-stop career system will continue to hold free job search workshops for the greater Pawtucket community at the Pawtucket Public Library on Summer Street. These workshops are part of a larger effort between the Office of Library & Information Services and the RI Department of Labor and Training to outreach to public library patrons throughout the state. Because space is limited, pre-registration for all workshops is required at (401) 721-1800. Workshops include:
Using the EmployRI Online Career Center: Thursday, April 12 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; also Tuesdays, May 1, 22 and 29 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
· An online tour of EmployRI.org online career center that includes a jobs database and résumé-building modules.
Résumé Workshop I: Tuesday, April 24, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; also Tuesday, May 15, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
· A review of best practices in résumé presentation, language and formatting.
Interview Workshop I: Thursdays, April 26 and May 17, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
· A review of best practices in interview preparation, research, presentation and follow-up activities.
Mock Panel Interviews: Thursdays, May 3 and 24, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
· Interviewing practice and feedback sessions in a small group setting.
LinkedIn Networking I: Tuesday, April 17, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; also Tuesday, May 8 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
· A computer-based overview of the LinkedIn.com online networking web site.
LinkedIn Hands-On WorkshopII: Thursday, April 19, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.; also Thursday, May 10 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
· A follow-up clinic to explore winning networking strategies and advanced features of LinkedIn.com.
The netWORKri One-Stop Career Centers, located in Pawtucket, Providence, Wakefield, West Warwick and Woonsocket, offer employment services to both job seekers and employers. The centers are managed and operated by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training, anetWORKri partner. OthernetWORKri partners include Workforce Solutions of Providence/Cranston; the Workforce Partnership of Greater Rhode Island; the RI Dept. of Education; the RI Dept. of Human Services; the RI Dept. of Elderly Affairs; the RI Dept. of Children, Youth and Families; the RI Dept. of Corrections; the Office of Rehabilitation Services; Goodwill Industries; and SER-Jobs for Progress. For more information on resources and available programs, visit www.networkri.org.