As Rhode Island begins to dig out from the more than two feet of snow from the Winter Storm, the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA) recommends that Rhode Islanders lend a helping hand to friends, family, or neighbors that may need assistance.
Rhode Islanders can help friends, family, and neighbors do the following:
- Clear driveways, sidewalks, and walkways of snow and ice.
- Clear snow from areas around furnace vents to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Make sure generators are properly vented and are being used according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Go to a shelter if you do not have heat or power in your home. To find a shelter near you, visit www.riema.ri.gov or call 211.
- Make sure outdoor pets have a supply of water that is not frozen.
- Continue to follow the local media for any important updates.
For regularly updated information on closures and parking bans, visit www.riema.ri.gov and click on the Latest Closing and Delays tab.