Contact: Major Todd E. Catlow, Detective Commander
Telephone: (401) 444-1006
Colonel Steven G. O'Donnell, Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police and Commissioner of Public Safety, announces that on October 31, 2013, members of the Computer Crimes Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force, assisted by members of the United States Marshals Sex Offender Law Enforcement Multidisciplinary Network (SOLEMN) and the United States Secret Service arrested eleven (11) suspects for allegedly possessing and/or transferring child pornography.
ICAC Task Force members initiated an undercover investigative operation to identify subjects involved in sharing images of child pornography on the Internet. In furtherance of this operation, court-authorized search warrants were executed at residences throughout the state. Numerous images and videos of child pornography were located on digital media as a result of the search warrants. Further investigation identified the following individuals as the alleged owners of the media and illegal images and videos:
1. Daniel MacDuff, age 19, 58 Dartmouth Avenue, Providence
2. Robert Greenwood, age 40, 97 Barrows Street, Providence
3. Jason Martins, age 30, 1 Providence Avenue, East Providence
4. Michael McDonald, age 66, 115 Cottage Avenue, Portsmouth
5. Eduardo Guzman, age 19, 218 Pleasant Street, Providence
6. William Morgan, age 30, 18 Maverick Street, Marblehead, Massachusetts
7. Donald Moore, age 65, 56 Staples Avenue, Warwick
8. Scott Sanford, age 35, 160 Moosehorn Avenue, East Greenwich 9. William Simcock, age 19, 60 Heaton Orchard Road, Richmond
10. Steven Mann, age 25, 581 Tiogue Avenue, Apartment #2, Coventry
11. Gregory Rickenbacher, age 28, 150 Union Street, Apartment #515, Providence
The below individuals maintain employment that may put them in direct contact with children:
• Scott Samford is a bus monitor for the East Greenwich school district. • Gregory Rickenbacher is a third year University of New England medical student working at Kent Hospital in Warwick. • William Morgan is a physics teacher at Marblehead High School, Marblehead, Massachusetts. • Steven Mann is a member of the Rhode Island National Guard assigned to the 88th Army Band.
Daniel MacDuff, Robert Greenwood, Jason Martins, Eduardo Guzman and Gregory Rickenbacher were arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography today at Sixth Division District Court, One Dorrance Plaza, Providence.
William Morgan, Daniel Moore, Scott Samford and Steven Mann were arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography today at Third Division District Court, Warwick.
Michael McDonald was arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography today at Second Division District Court, Newport.
William Simcock was arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography today at Fourth Division District Court, Wakefield.
All of the individuals arrested, with the exception of Robert Greenwood, were released on personal recognizance with special conditions to include no contact with minors and no access to the Internet.
Robert Greenwood was held by the court as a bail violator on prior charges to include Second Degree Child Abuse, Assault on an Impaired Person, Simple Assault and Disorderly conduct. Bail on Greenwood's new charge was set at $5,000 with surety; special conditions to include no contact with minors and no access to the Internet were imposed.
The Rhode Island Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force actively engages in investigative efforts to identify subjects involved in child exploitation-related activities. The Rhode Island ICAC Task Force Program is administered by the Rhode Island State Police and supports a national network of multi-agency, multi-jurisdictional task forces engaged in investigations, forensic examinations, and prosecutions related to Internet crimes against children and technology-facilitated child sexual exploitation. The Rhode Island ICAC Task Force is comprised of members of the Rhode Island State Police Computer Crimes Unit along with detectives from the Coventry Police Department, Warwick Police Department, Pawtucket Police Department, Woonsocket Police Department, Middletown Police Department, North Kingstown Police Department, and Jamestown Police Department; and special agents from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), United States Postal Inspection Services (USPS).