Need to update the address on your boat registration?
You have two options:
- Update your address while completing your boat registration renewal. Click the “begin” button at the bottom of the page.
- If you are not renewing a boat at this time, use our address change service »
Rhode Island registers boats on a biennial (2-year) basis with an option to register boats greater than thirty feet on an annual basis for one half the biennial fee. A registration year is March 1st through the last day of February of the following year. Registration fees are not pro-rated and are non-refundable.
Upon completion of your online renewal, you will be able to print a TEMPORARY registration. This temporary registration will allow you to use your vessel during the 2-week period while your registration is being processed and the decal mailed. Please carry your registration while the boat is in use.
- See a summary of the new Rhode Island Child Life Vest requirements
- Boaters are encouraged to Check, Clean, Drain and Dry all boats to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species
What you will need to complete your boat registration renewal:
- A credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) to pay for registration renewal fees.
- The boat owner's last name OR the zipcode on the boat registration.
- The date of birth of the boat owner
- Your boat registration number: This number can be found at the top of your boat registration certificate.