Welcome to the RI Department of Corrections Training Academy Application for Employment.
For more information please contact:
RIDOC Training Academy
18 Wilma Schesler Lane
Cranston, RI 02920
By phone: 401-462-JOBS
- Must be 18 years old
- Must possess valid photo identification
- Must possess a social security card or alien registration card
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be fluent in English
- You will be required to authorize the Rhode Island Department of Corrections to use your social security number and date of birth for the purpose of conducting a criminal record check and a background information check.
- Download the Correction Officer Applicant Success Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Physical Agility Waiver Form
- Correctional Officer Candidate Handbook
- Recruitment Brochure
- Class 82 Video
- RI Department of Corrections Recruitment Video
- Physical Agility Test Demonstration Video
All items in the application must be filled in completely, correctly, and to the best of your knowledge be true. Applicant must sign application. Any applications that are incomplete and/or illegible can result in the rejection of the application by the Rhode Island Department of Corrections. You have an affirmative obligation to notify the Rhode Island Department of Corrections at the above address, in writing of any changes or additions to section I that occur after the date the application is filed.
At the time of entrance exam, you must bring a picture ID. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application and the date and time of your scheduled Physical Agility Test in approximately 14 days via the e-email address you provided.
The Physical Agility Test will be administered starting in February 2019. Please download the Physical Agility Waiver Formand the Correction Officer Applicant Success Guide. The Physical Agility Waiver Form must be completed by your Physician prior to your assigned testing date. You will be required to turn in the Physical Agility Waiver Form to the testing officials on the date and time you are assigned. Failure to provide this waiver will result in your inability to participate in the Physical Fitness Assessment and eliminate you from the remainder of the applicant process.