Press Releases


SNAP Recipients Can Get Help to Replace Food Ruined by Flood

Deadline for Food Replacement Application is April 19th

People enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, may be eligible to replace food lost because of recent severe flooding.

Those who believe they are eligible to replace spoiled food items may file a Request for Replacement of Food Purchased with SNAP Benefits Form. Forms must be completed and submitted to a local DHS office by the close of business on April 19th to receive food replacement benefits. After DHS processes these request forms, replacement benefits will be added to the eligible household’s EBT card within 5-7 business days.

The form is available at any of the six Department of Human Services offices located throughout the State (see below) and all FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers. The form can also be downloaded at

In addition, please call one of the following for assistance or more information:

  • 2-1-1
  • Local Community Action Agencies at 401-941-0774
  • SNAP Food Assistance Outreach Program at 1-866-306-0270
  • Department of Human Services locations:

    Newport Family Center: 11 Enterprise Center, Middletown, RI 02842 (401) 851-2100

    Pawtucket DHS Office: 24 Commerce Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860 (401) 721-6600

    Providence DHS Family Center: 206 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907 (401) 222-7000

    South County Reg. Family Center: Oliver Stedman Gov't Center, Wakefield, RI (401) 782-4300

    Warwick Family Center: 195 Buttonwoods Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886 (401) 736-1400

    Woonsocket DHS Office: 450 Clinton Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895 (401) 235-6200

    Related links

    Share this: