Press Releases


Narin Kheng and Antonio Disano Plead Guilty to 2008 Murder of Jeremy Olearnick

Attorney General Peter F. Kilmartin announced that Narin Kheng and Antonio Disano both pleaded guilty in the December 2008 stabbing murder of Jeremy Olearnick of Norwich, CT.

Narin Kheng (DOB: 7/1/81), with a last known address of 50 Lincoln Ave., Cranston, pleaded guilty on Tuesday before Superior Court Magistrate William J. McAtee. Kheng was sentenced to 60 years with 35 to serve for the charge of 2nd degree murder, 10 years for conspiracy to commit murder, and one year for possession of a knife over three inches, sentences to run concurrent.

Antonio Disano (DOB: 7/3/89), with a last known address of 18 Grant Ave., Cranston, pleaded guilty today before Superior Court Justice Francis J. Darigan, Jr. Disano was sentenced to 60 years with 23 to serve for charge of 2nd degree murder and 10 years on the charge of conspiracy, sentences to run concurrent.

Had the case gone to trial, the Office of Attorney General was prepared to prove that Kheng and Disano had beaten, stabbed and murdered 22 year old Jeremy Olearnick as he and his four friends left a Providence nightclub.

In the early morning hours of December 6, 2008 as the bars and nightclubs of Providence closed and patrons spilled out into the street, 22-year old Jeremy Olearnick and his four friends were ending their night out at Club Hell. As they walked back to their car, parked in a dark area under the Route 195 overpass, Jeremy got into a verbal argument with Kheng and Disano. The verbal argument turned deadly as Kheng and Disano rushed Olearnick and started taking turns beating him.

In the midst of the beating, Olearnick was stabbed four times by Kheng. Of the four stab wounds, three proved to be lethal. The autopsy report showed that one stab wound severed his ascending aorta and two punctured his right lung.

Stumbling, Olearnick fell to the sidewalk. As he tried to lift himself, Kheng and Disano continued to kick and punch him. Olearnick was transported to Rhode Island Hospital where he was pronounced dead an hour later.

Kheng was immediately taken into custody by the Providence Police for his role in the killing while Disano was initially charged with assault. The Office of Attorney General presented the information to the Grand Jury who handed up indictments for murder on both Kheng and Disano.

Kheng has been held without bail at the ACI since December 6, 2008. Disano has been held without bail since his indictment for murder on June 3, 2009.

The case was handled by Special Assistant Attorney General Jim Baum for the Office of Attorney General. Detective Angelo A’Vant of the Providence Police Department led the investigation.

Related links

Share this: