Due to safety concerns, Governor Lincoln D. Chafee has restricted motor vehicle travel on Routes I-95, I-195, RI-146, RI-24 and I-295 beginning at 5 p.m. tonight (Friday) and continuing until further notice.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- public safety vehicles and workers, including contract personnel;
- public works vehicles and workers, including contract personnel;
- government officials on official business;
- utility company vehicles and workers;
- health care workers who travel to and from work in order to provide essential health services;
- news media;
- travel necessary to maintain and deliver critical private sector services such as energy, fuel supplies, financial systems and critical commodities;
- travel to support business operations that provide critical services to the public, including gas stations, food stores and hardware stores.