Rhode Island Governor Lincoln D. Chafee is expanding travel restrictions to a full travel ban on all roads effective immediately. This ban is temporary and is intended to support local public works departments and police departments so they may clear roadways.
Exceptions to this policy include:
• public safety vehicles and workers, including contract personnel;
• public works vehicles and workers, including contract personnel;
• government officials on official business;
• utility company vehicles and workers;
• health care workers who travel to and from work in order to provide essential health services;
• news media;
• travel necessary to maintain and deliver critical private sector services such as energy, fuel supplies, financial systems and critical commodities;
• travel to support business operations that provide critical services to the public, including gas stations, food stores and hardware stores.