PROVIDENCE, RI – The Senate Finance Committee today unanimously confirmed General Treasurer Seth Magaziner's four nominees for the Rhode Island Public Finance Management Board (FMBC). They are:
• Patricia Anderson, Treasurer and Human Resource Director for the Town of Charlestown.
• Shawn Brown, Town Administrator of the Town of Middletown.
• Robert Mancini (reappointment), Executive Director of the Rhode Island Society of CPAs.
• Joe Reddish, Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager of Citizens Bank.
The Rhode Island Public Finance Management Board is a nine-member volunteer body that is chaired by Treasurer Magaziner. The purpose of the board is to offer financial planning assistance to all state departments, authorities, agencies, boards, commissions, public and quasi-public corporations having authority to issue revenue or general obligation bonds.
The Senate Finance Committee today also unanimously confirmed Treasurer Magaziner's nominees to the State Investment Commission and State Retirement Board. They are:
State Investment Commission:
• Robert Benson, C.F.A., Senior Vice President & Chief Investment Officer at Amica Mutual Insurance Company and former President of the Providence Society of Financial Analysts.
• Marie Langlois, C.F.A., retired Managing Director of Washington Trust Investors, who currently serves as chairwoman of the Rhode Island Foundation Investment Committee and serves on the boards of directors of Lifespan, Miriam Hospital Foundation, Salve Regina University and Rhode Island Philharmonic and Music School.
• Marcia Reback (reappointment), retired President of the Providence Teachers Union and current SIC member, who also serves on the boards of directors of the American Federation of Teachers, Holmes Partnership, Providence Central Labor Council, Rhode Island AFL-CIO Executive Board, Rhode Island Commissioner of Education's Policy Consortium, Working RI, Rhode Island Jump$tart and Rhode Island Urban Education Task Force, among others.
State Retirement Board:
• Marianne Monte, Vice President of Human Resources at Hanover Insurance Group and member of the Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) Board of Directors.
The State Investment Commission is a 10-member volunteer body that is chaired by Treasurer Magaziner. The Commission, which meets monthly, handles the investments of the Employees' Retirement System of Rhode Island and oversees non-pension related investments, such as the General Fund.
The State Retirement Board is a 15-member volunteer body that is chaired by Treasurer Magaziner. The Board, which meets monthly, oversees the Employees' Retirement System of Rhode Island and votes on investment rate of return assumptions, approves disability pensions and makes decisions that affect Rhode Island's retirees.