Press Releases


Tevin Briggs Sentenced for Brazen Daylight Gangland Murder

Attorney General Peter F. Kilmartin announced that today Tevin Bruggs (age 23), of Cranston, was sentenced to life plus 60 years for the October 22, 2104 Providence shooting that left Terry Robinson dead and Delacey Andrade injured.

Briggs had pleaded guilty in April 2015 to one count of murder, three counts of discharge of a firearm while in the commission of a crime of violence, two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, two counts of carrying a firearm without a license, and one count of conspiracy.

A second individual in the case Bruce Moten (age 27) was found guilty in October 2016 for his role and was sentenced in January to consecutive life sentences plus 70 years. The third co-conspirator Henry Lopez (age 27) pleaded guilty in November 2016 to his role in the shooting and is awaiting sentencing.

Briggs, Moten, and Lopez are members of the YNIC criminal street gang.

During the trial of Bruce Moten, the State proved that on the morning of October 22, 2014, Henry Lopez received a phone call informing him that rival Chad Brown gang members Terry Robinson, Delacey Andrade, and Kendrick Johnson were in a black Toyota Camry at a PC Mart on Douglas Avenue in Providence.

Armed with a .9 mm and a .45 caliber pistol, Lopez, Moten, and Briggs drove to the vicinity of the rival gang members. Lopez, the driver, dropped off Moten and Briggs just outside the Chad Brown housing projects. Wearing black hooded sweatshirts, Moten and Briggs walked towards a parking lot on Fillmore Street where they spotted the black Toyota. As Kendrick Johnson exited the motor vehicle, Moten and Briggs opened fire on the motor vehicle and its occupants.

After discharging several rounds, Moten and Briggs ran back to Lopez's black Infinity and the three fled the scene.

Terry Robinson was struck in the head with a bullet, causing his death. Delacey Andrade was struck in the buttocks. Kendrick Johnson was not hit by gun fire.

After the shooting, Lopez drove to a house located at 49 Tappan Street, Providence where the three hid the firearms used in the shooting. Lopez then instructed the occupant of the residence to drive the black Infinity to a house on Alaska Street, Providence. Shortly after the shooting, Providence Police Detectives located the suspect vehicle in the driveway of the Alaska Street residence.

A subsequent search of the motor vehicle revealed it belonged to Lopez. Police also found paperwork from Providence County District Court that belonged to Moten, indicating he paid a fine at District Court that morning, which coincided with surveillance footage from the Court.

"Rivalries, without reason, between criminal street gangs have resulted in brazen daylight shootouts that have created chaos and fear in our communities," said Attorney General Kilmartin. "No person should fear being struck by a stray bullet when they walk out of their home. It has to end, and my office, along with the Providence Police and our state and federal law enforcement partners, is committed to ending the violence and holding those responsible accountable."

Providence Police Detective Christopher Currier and Sergeant Fabio Zuena, with assistance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco Special Agent Ed Troiano, led the investigation. Assistant Attorney General John Moreira and Special Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Morin prosecuted the case on behalf of the Office of Attorney General.

Related links

Share this: