The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) is funded through the United States Department of Health and Human Services. The purpose of Social Services Block Grant funding is "to furnish services directed at the goals of:
(1) achieving or maintaining economic self-support to prevent, reduce, or eliminate dependency;
(2) achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency, including reduction or prevention of dependency;
(3) preventing or remedying neglect, abuse, or exploitation of children and adults unable to protect their own interests, or preserving, rehabilitating or reuniting families;
(4) preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care by providing for community-based care, home-based care, or other forms of less intensive care; and
(5) securing referral or admission for institutional care when other forms of care are not appropriate, or providing services to individuals in institutions."
A public hearing will be held to consider the proposed plan on August 25, 2017 at 11:00 A.M. at the RI Department of Human Services, Louis Pasteur Building, 57 Howard Avenue, First Floor #110, Cranston, RI 02920 in the West Wing Conference Room. Persons wishing to testify may do so by signing up at the hearing or by submitting written testimony by Friday, August 25, 2017 to Frederick Sneesby, Social Services Block Grant Administrator, Department of Human Services, Louis Pasteur Building, 57 Howard Avenue, Cranston RI 02920, or to this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.